Suzuki Releases The Gen 3 Hayabusa
With its unique looks and class leading power output, the Hayabusa has a cult following. As a bike that sells in small numbers, it’s tough for Suzuki to devote the R&D dollars that other mass-market models receive. However, for this motorcycle, Suzuki told the accountants to bugger off. We are excited to announce the all new third generation 2022 Hayabusa.
The new Hayabusa will begin hitting showrooms this June. For customers who want to be the first in line to pick up their new Hayabusa, Suzuki is offering a pre-order program which will guarantee you an early spot. In addition, customers who pre-order before March 31st, 2021 will also receive the following bonus items at no additional charge.
- Hayabusa Alpinestars Leather Jacket ($529 Value)
- Color matched seat cowl
- Commemorative owner’s plaque
And one other benefit for early adopters. Anyone who purchases a new Hayabusa this year will also receive their first three scheduled services for no additional charge (they must be utilized within 2 years of purchase). A premium bike deserves a premium experience, and with this new Hayabusa, Suzuki is bringing it.
The 2022 Hayabusa is available in three beautiful color options- Glass Sparkle Black & Candy Burnt Gold, Metallic Matte Sword Silver & Candy Daring Red, or Pearl Brilliant White & Metallic Matte Stellar Blue paint schemes. Each scheme features restyled Hayabusa Kanji symbols and model name logos.
Retaining the prior generation’s engine architecture, its performance has been broadened, so the Hayabusa accelerates quicker and smoother than ever before; while complying with worldwide emissions standards. Proven with a MotoGP championship, Suzuki’s twin-spar frame technology is updated so the Hayabusa rides straight and true at high speeds while staying nimble, agile and easy to control in tight quarters. Rider control is expanded through the Hayabusa’s Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.). The engine’s adjustable power delivery, traction control*, cruise control, launch control, bi-directional quick shift, and Motion Track ABS** and Combined Brake systems offer the Hayabusa rider unmatched options on how the riding experience will unfold.
Outstanding features of the 3rd generation Hayabusa include:
- Fully re-engineered, the Hayabusa’s legendary 1340cc, four-cylinder, DOHC engine is fed by new Ride-by-Wire electronic throttle bodies with dual fuel injectors feeding each cylinder, mixing with pressurized air from the Suzuki Ram Air Direct (SRAD) intakes in the nose of the aerodynamic fairing. The new, symmetrical twin silencer exhaust system is lighter with better flow and a stimulating exhaust note.
- The engine delivers greater horsepower and torque throughout the low- to mid-speed range, while achieving worldwide emissions compliance (including Euro 5) is achieved without sacrificing top speed.
- Lightning fast CAN-style wire harness, dual-processor ECM, and new six-direction, three axes Inertial Measurement Unit (IMU) provides critical data to the industry leading, Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.).
- Riders adore the outstanding functionality and familiar layout of the Hayabusa’s instantly recognizable instrument cluster. Continuing the tradition of blending analog gauges with digital LCD displays and LED icons, the instrument cluster includes a new TFT LCD panel.
- The TFT LCD panel displays either the current SDMS-α systems settings or an Active Data display that shows lean angle (with a peak-hold function), front and rear brake pressure, rate of vehicle acceleration or deceleration, and the current accelerator position.
- Enhancements to the Hayabusa’s superbike-caliber, twin-spar aluminum frame result in a more stable ride with nimble handling that can be personalized through the adjustable KYB-supplied suspension. Optimized aerodynamics, wind protection and revised ergonomics provide rider comfort and control.
- New seven-spoke wheels carry the Bridgestone Battlax Hypersport S22 tires that were developed exclusively for the new Hayabusa, providing a heightened sense of stability at high speeds plus agility on turns and winding roads.
- The front brake features the latest Brembo Stylema calipers and a larger, 320mm diameter brake discs for improved braking efficiency and feel.
- New, full LED lighting includes a projector and multi-plane headlight, plus forward position lights and a combination taillight that have integrated turn signals so no stalks protrude from the sleek bodywork.
- Dynamic new styling that has been optimized through extensive wind-tunnel development that is very different from other motorcycles, but easily recognizable as an aerodynamic Hayabusa.
The Hayabusa employs an advanced new version of the Suzuki Intelligent Ride System (S.I.R.S.); motorcycling’s most comprehensive collection of electronic systems designed to optimize performance characteristics to match the needs of the moment. S.I.R.S. makes the Hayabusa more controllable and predictable with a level of convenience unmatched among sportbikes.
S.I.R.S. provides the rider control of the Hayabusa performance characteristics in six distinct areas:
- Control of the engine output characteristics
- Suzuki Drive Mode Selector Alpha (SDMS-α) and Power Mode Selector.
- Control over engine acceleration characteristics
- Motion Track Traction Control System, Anti-lift Control, and Launch Control.
- Control over engine deceleration (engine braking) characteristics
- Engine Brake Control
- Control over the engine at steady speeds
- Electronic Cruise Control and Active Speed Limiter (an industry first)
- Control over engine and transmission operation
- B-directional Quick Shifter, Easy Start, and Low RPM Assist
- Control over braking
- Combined Braking, Motion Track Anti-lock Brake System, Slope Dependent Control, and Hill Hold Control
Power and torque have been emphasized in the low- to mid-rpm range since the first-generation Hayabusa was introduced, which is why the Hayabusa has been widely prized by riders all over the world not only for sport touring and commuting, but also for drag racing and other high-performance pursuits. Rather than making a showy bike in pursuit of numerical power output and torque values, Suzuki strove to make a real-world motorcycle that lets experienced riders enjoy extraordinarily powerful performance and that will continue to be adored for many years to come.
Are you ready to step up and put some cold hard cash down? Shoot us an email at Sales@WoodsCycleCountry.com and we’ll let you know all the details.
2022 Suzuki Hayabusa Accessory Catalog (PDF reader required)
#Suzuki #Hayabusa #Gen3 #WoodsCycleCountry
And if you need help choosing your jacket size, here is the Alpinestars size guide