Sea-Doo SAR Search And Rescue
Looking for a craft to use for rescue operations in fresh and salt water? Well check out the new SAR from Sea-Doo. The first PWC specifically designed for use by search and rescue professionals.
The new SAR incorporates a long list of features
- Normally Aspirated 1503cc Rotax 4-stroke engine with a closed loop cooling system
- iBR intelligent braking and reverse
- Dual sponsons to increase stability and running boards which provide sure footing in rough conditions
- Heavy duty front bumper for when you don’t have time to slow down
- A 2.8mm thick elastomeric coating on the hull to minimize impact shock and abrasions
- A carbon fiber rear mast with an integrated navigation light
- A shallow water navigation kit which helps to minimize the ingestion of debris into the jet pump
- 12-volt power outlet
- Wide angle mirrors
- A tow hook and reboarding step
The SAR boasts a long list of additional features that are standard among the Sea-Doo lineup, along with some other features that are unique to the SAR.
The Sea-Doo SAR will only be available directly from BRP, and only institutional customers (police departments, fire departments, rescue organizations, etc) will be able to purchase this unique new Sea-Doo.
For more information about the SAR you can contact Mark Phillips via email or by phone at 480-580-2040.
The U.S. Coast Guard Auxiliary PWC Rescue Program requires the use, of at the very least, a three seater PWC. Do you have or intend on building a three seater SAR PWC so that I can review it? I am a PWC Rescue Trainee in North Florida and I would absolutely love to view a boat capable of passing our requirements for SARs. With alot of floodings as you know its becoming more and more popular to have trained professionals to do PWC SARS.
Thanks for the email. The SAR is a purpose built vehicle that Sea-Doo is producing in limited numbers. As it currently stands, the SAR is only available for purchase directly from the division at Sea-Doo which supports the military and law enforcement. If you need more information I would contact Mark Phillips directly by phone at 480-580-2040 or via email using firstname.lastname@example.org
I hope that helps.
Mark J. Sheffield
Woods Cycle Country