2014 Yamaha SVHO WaveRunners
We are here in Cancun Mexico at the release party for the 2014 Yamaha WaveRunners. The highlight of the show might not be one new model, but instead one new engine. The all new 1.8 liter SVHO (Super Vortex High Output) should set new benchmarks for performance in the PWC market.
Some cool new pieces of info about the SVHO 4-cylinder 4-stroke 1812cc engine
- The upgraded supercharger increases airflow by 22% over the SHO
- A new and larger intercooler is integrated into the intake system
- A new oil cooler increases efficiency
- Boost pressure to the cylinders is increased by 60%
- Larger fuel injectors help flow more fuel to the engine
- New forged pistons are up to 30% stronger than the SHO’s cast pistons
PWC’s with the new SVHO engine in them will also benefit from an all new 160mm 8 vein high-pressure jet pump mated to a new top loader intake grate.
The new SVHO engine will be available in the following flagship models
- FX Cruiser SVHO (for you luxury lovers)
- FX SVHO
- FZR (for the hardcore racers)
All of the new SVHO models will be available in late December 2013 or early 2014.
I want one!