2012 Suzuki VStrom DL650 in White
While not in the original lineup of 2012 motorcycles, Suzuki has decided to offer a limited release of white 2012 VStrom 650’s. The new DL650 should be in showrooms early in December of 2012.
The 650 VStrom has been a perennial best seller and has consistently made the Cycle World top ten list. With a myriad of available accessories, including Givi bags or the new optional Suzuki hard cases, this is a bike that is ready for the road. The 2012 has ABS to keep you on two wheels when the pavement ends, and fuel injection for improved reliability with today’s poor selection of fuels.
2012 V-Strom 650 ABS
- New – White
- 3-way height-adjustable windscreen, carefully shaped with extensive wind tunnel testing, efficiently reduces wind noise and rider fatigue.
- LED indicators include a road freeze warning indicator which, together with the ambient temperature display, helps your awareness of road conditions.
- Antilock Brake System (ABS)* unit features a lightweight, compact design. ABS monitors wheel speed and matches stopping power to available traction.
- 645cc V-Twin engine features broad torque delivery, signature V-Twin power pulses and sporty quick-revving high rpm power for full-range riding enjoyment. An efficient engine design delivers high mileage and class-leading riding range.
- A high-speed 32-bit ECU controls Suzuki Dual Throttle Valve (SDTV) system, contributing to enhanced low-to-mid rpm range torque, a linear throttle response and lower emissions.
- A radiator with a more compact core, flanked by wind-directing plates shaped with holes* for enhancing cooling efficiency, directs engine heat to flow out to the side air outlets and away from the rider’s legs. (*Patent pending.)
- ABS fuel injection system uses fine-atomization 10-hole fuel injectors for high combustion efficiency.
- The 6-speed transmission is tailored for active sporty rides with tighter 1st through 5th gear ratios, while keeping highway cruises comfortable with a tall top gear.
- 5-way spring-preload-adjustable 43mm-telescopic front forks with 5.9 in of travel working together with a link-type rear suspension with 6.3 in of travel, stepless rebound damping adjuster and 5-way spring preload adjuster which can be increased or decreased by turning a knob providing a ride that suits the rider’s preference for comfort.
- Instrumentation includes an analog tachometer and brightness-adjustable LCD speedometer. LCD readouts include odometer, dual trip meter, gear position, coolant and ambient temperature, average fuel consumption, fuel gauge and clock. Switching between LCD readings can be done with the left handlebar switch.
- 12-month limited warranty.